Saturday, October 28, 2023

Biden says US ‘stands ready to take further action’ after Syria strikes

In a letter, Biden officially notified Congress that US forces had conducted strikes in Syria against “facilities used by the IRGC [Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps] and IRGC-affiliated groups for command and control, munitions storage and other purposes”.

US officials had previously briefed reporters on the strikes, which they said were in response to attacks on al-Tanf base in Syria. The Pentagon on Thursday said bases housing US personnel had been attacked four times in Syria and 12 times in Iraq over the last week.

“The United States stands ready to take further action, as necessary and appropriate, to address further threats or attacks,” the letter from Biden said.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Only News

Featured Post

“The U.S. must stop supporting terrorists who are destroying Syria and her people" : US Congresswoman, Tulsi Gabbard

US Congresswoman, Tulsi Gabbard, recently visited Syria, and even met with President Bashar Al-Assad. She also visited the recently libe...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin