The Islamic State (IS) militant group claimed in a video it posted online late Saturday night that it beheaded the other Japanese hostage Kenji Goto.
According to site monitoring service, IS released the video that purportedly showed the beheading of the Japanese captive.
In the video, a hooded man stood over Goto, and held a knife to his throat. The following footage showed a head placed on a body.
However, the authenticity of the video and the fate of Goto cannot be verified at the moment.
If proven to be true, it means that Japan has failed in rescuing both of its nationals held by the extremist militant group.
On Friday, Japan said the collective efforts by Japan and Jordan to save the captured Japanese journalist and the Jordanian pilot are "deadlocked" and the situation remains highly unpredictable.
"The situation is deadlocked," Japan's deputy foreign minister, Yasuhide Nakayama, said in Jordon late on Friday, according to Japanese public broadcaster NHK.
The IS has demanded that it would release the Japanese hostage in exchange for a would-be suicide bomber being held in Amman by sunset on Thursday.
According to a recently published audio message purportedly from Goto, he said the Jordanian pilot would be killed if Jordan did not free Sajida al-Rishawi, jailed for her role in a 2005 suicide bomb attack that killed 60 people in Amman.
In the audio clip, the IS said if Sajida is handed over, the Japanese hostage will be released.
Earlier, the IS militants demanded that they wanted the Japanese government to pay 200 million U.S. dollars so that the captured Japanese nationals could be released.
The amount of the ransom equaled to that of the assistance Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe promised during his recent tour in Egypt to offer to regional countries in their battles against the IS militants.
http://english.cntv.cn/2015/02/01/ARTI1422757405072847.shtml
1/2/15
--
-
According to site monitoring service, IS released the video that purportedly showed the beheading of the Japanese captive.
In the video, a hooded man stood over Goto, and held a knife to his throat. The following footage showed a head placed on a body.
However, the authenticity of the video and the fate of Goto cannot be verified at the moment.
If proven to be true, it means that Japan has failed in rescuing both of its nationals held by the extremist militant group.
On Friday, Japan said the collective efforts by Japan and Jordan to save the captured Japanese journalist and the Jordanian pilot are "deadlocked" and the situation remains highly unpredictable.
"The situation is deadlocked," Japan's deputy foreign minister, Yasuhide Nakayama, said in Jordon late on Friday, according to Japanese public broadcaster NHK.
The IS has demanded that it would release the Japanese hostage in exchange for a would-be suicide bomber being held in Amman by sunset on Thursday.
According to a recently published audio message purportedly from Goto, he said the Jordanian pilot would be killed if Jordan did not free Sajida al-Rishawi, jailed for her role in a 2005 suicide bomb attack that killed 60 people in Amman.
In the audio clip, the IS said if Sajida is handed over, the Japanese hostage will be released.
- In a statement on Thursday, the Jordanian army said the priority is the safety of the pilot, who was captured by the IS late last year after his plane crashed in Raqqah in Syria.
- Jordanian authorities said they were willing to hand over the Iraqi suicide bomber if the Jordanian pilot is released and demanded a proof that he is still alive.
Earlier, the IS militants demanded that they wanted the Japanese government to pay 200 million U.S. dollars so that the captured Japanese nationals could be released.
The amount of the ransom equaled to that of the assistance Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe promised during his recent tour in Egypt to offer to regional countries in their battles against the IS militants.
http://english.cntv.cn/2015/02/01/ARTI1422757405072847.shtml
1/2/15
--
-
Japan Defence Minister Gen Nakatani has said a video purporting to show the death of IS captive Kenji Goto appears to be genuine...
ReplyDeleteIt follows the Islamic State militant group saying it had killed Japanese hostage Mr Goto, after the apparent failure of sustained international efforts to secure his release through a prisoner swap.
The hard-line Islamist group, which controls large parts of Syria and Iraq, released a video purporting to show the beheaded body of journalist Mr Goto and threatened further attacks on Japanese targets.
IS has said Mr Goto was held along with a Jordanian pilot. Efforts to win their release had focused on the possible release of an Iraqi would-be suicide bomber jailed in Jordan ten years ago. The video did not mention the pilot.
Japan condemned the militants and said Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's cabinet would meet in response to the video, which showed a hooded man standing over Mr Goto with, followed by footage of a body...................http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0131/676987-second-japanese-hostage-executed/
Japanese journalist 'wanted world without war' ...
ReplyDelete(CNN)A newly distributed ISIS release appears to show the decapitated body of captive Japanese journalist Kenji Goto, after an English-language lecture is given by masked ISIS member "Jihadi John" to the people of Japan.
The video, 67 seconds long, was released Saturday as others before it, by ISIS media wing Al Furqan Media, and cannot be authenticated by CNN.
"We are deeply saddened by this despicable and horrendous act of terrorism and we denounce it in the strongest terms," Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said in Tokyo, according to broadcaster NHK. "To the terrorists, we will never, never forgive them for this act."
He said that Japan will continue to provide humanitarian aid to countries affected by the bloody fight against ISIS.
Goto's mother, Junko Ishido, said he wanted to help create a world without wars...............http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/31/middleeast/isis-japan-jordan-hostages/index.html